Skip to main content

Verb be part 2

Verb be part 2

REVIEW 1: Correct the mistakes.

1. Mr. Lee have a brown coat. 
2. They are n't here today. 
3. This books are expensive. 
4. Cuba is a island. 
5. Florida and Korea is peninsula. 

REVIEW 2: Choose the best answer.


1. Tina: ___________that?   Jim: That's Paul Carter. 
A. Who's     B. What's     C. Where's 

2. That is _________.
A. a mistakes       B. mistakes    C. a mistake 

3. Paul: ________in your class?   Eric: No. 
A. Mr.Kim      B. Is Mr. Kim.     C. Mr. Kim is he

4. Yoko: __________these?     Gina: My art books. I'm taking an art history course this semester. 
A. What is      B. Who are      C. What are 

5. Tom: Are you hungry? 
Sue: Yes, ______
A. I'm        B. I'm not       C. I am  

REVIEW 3: Complete the sentences with am, is, or are. Use not if necessary. 

1. Lemons _____ vegetables. 

2. A lemon ______ a kind of fruit. 

3. I _____ from the United States. 

4. We _____ human beings. 

5. Eggs _____ oval.

6. Chickens _____ birds, but bats _____ birds. 

7. Salt ____ sweet. Sugar ____ sweet.

8. Soccer ____ a sport.
9. Soccer and basketball _____ sports.

10. Africa ____ a country. It _____ a continent. 

REVIEW 4: Complete the sentences. 

1. A: Are you a student at this school? 
B: Yes, ____.
A: Where _____ you from? 
B: I ____ Korea. 

2. A: Where _____ your book? 
B: Yoko ____ it. 
A: Where ____ your notebooks?
B: Ali and Roberto _____ my notebooks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Present continuous tense versus present simple tense

Present Continuous vs Present Simple part  1 (Subject + am/is/are +v-ing and Subject + do/does) Let's compare them together. Present Continuous (Subject + am/is/are + v-ing) - We use the present continuous at or around the time of speaking. The action is not complete. For example, I am writing my resume. The water is boiling . Can you turn it off?   Listen to those people. What language are they speaking ? A: ‘I’m busy.’    B: ‘What are you doing ?’ I’ m getting thirsty. Let’s go and buy some drinks. Kyle wants to work in China, so he’ s learning Chinese. The temperature of the world is increasing very fast. Present Simple (Subject + do/does) - We use the simple for things in general or things that happen repeatedly. For example, I do my homework every day. Water boils at a 100 degrees Celsius. Excuse me, do you speak Russian? It doesn’t rain very much in summer. What do you usually do in the afternoon? I always get ...

Vocabulary about countries and nationalities

VOCABULARY about countries and nationalities Underline the countries and circle the nationalities in the following sentences. 1. She’s from Russia. She’s Russian.  2. They’re from Brazil. They’re Brazilian.  3. They’re from Spain. They’re Spanish.  4. They’re from Germany. They’re German.  5. They’re from Japan. They’re Japanese.  Pronunciation practice Russia, Brazilian, Spanish, Japan, Russian, Germany, Japanese,  German, Brazil, Spain • Check students if they are aware that the stress shifts from the second syllable in Ja | pan to the third syllable in  Jap | an | ese.  • Highlight the changing vowel sound in Spain /speɪn/ and Spanish  /ˈspænɪʃ/.  GRAMMAR be: positive and negative  LEN So where are you from? From New York?  TOM No, I’m not from New York. I’m from a town called Harlem.  L Hmm … Where’s that?  T Oh, it’s a town near New York. It isn’t very big.  L O...

Vocabulary about personality adjectives

VOCABULARY about personality adjectives  Answer these puzzles for warm up. 1 She’s Spanish. She’s from … .  2 He’s Chinese. He’s from Beijing in … .  3  They aren’t Mexican. They’re British. They’re from … .  4 He’s Japanese. He’s from … .  5 They’re Korean. They’re from Seoul in … .  6 She isn’t German. She’s French. She’s from … .  7 They’re Canadian. They’re from … .  8 She’s Thai. She’s from Bangkok in … .  9 He isn’t Filipino. He’s Malaysian. He’s from … .  10. I'm not from .... Read and underline the personality adjectives used in the  conversations. Conversation 1  A This is my good friend Roman. He’s really friendly.  B Is he from Poland?  A Yes, he is.  Conversation 2  A These are my friends Mia and Diego. They’re really great.  B Are they married?  A Yes, they are.  B Are they Spanish?  A No, they aren’t. They’re from Mexico...